Demons in Disguise 3: Sure as Heck, Not a Demon

The wind blew threw my hair, making it go crazy, like a thousand snakes. I let out a scream of joy. My wings flap without my trying. Their white sparkle shine brightly in the fading dawn sun. Thousands of acres of forest swim below me. Hovering over the ocean of trees, screaming, I feel my eyes watering from the wind. Bending my wings slightly up, I launch myself upward. I let out a whoop of joy. Being a demon did have it's perks. Breathing in the sharp air, I feel like I could fly forever.


Then the wind changed direction.


It was something I hadn't taken into account. To say the least.


When the wind changed direction, my wings were unprepared and they went slightly askew sending me tumbling threw the air. Flipping threw the air I scream, this time not in joy.


With a loud cracking noise, I find myself on the ground.

“Oww...” I moan.

“Yes, I believe that was quite the crash.” says a bright voice above me.

I snap my head up, there is a man I hadn't seen before, he's wearing a vibrant White that hurt my eyes, though I never really liked white. That must be the demon in me. He has a strange halo of a pure glow. He is tall like the demon, but he has a head full of bright blond, white hair.

“Wha... Who are you?” I ask, confused.

“I think you know already.” What's with eternal beings and assuming that I already knew. Granted I did, but it still was annoying.

“An angel.” I breathed.

He smiled, “Yes, that's right.”

“Oh Gosh...” I murmured. I was developing a headache. Probably from being a demon.

“And you, are a demon.” Not a question, though it was obvious because of my wings. I still answered:

“Yes,” I breathed, “I am.”

“Good, follow me.” Actually being a demon was bad. But I felt a pull, telling me to follow him, so I did.


“Caitlin?” he asked

“Yes?” I said turning to him, we had been walking out of the forest I crashed in. We had been walking for a few minutes now, not saying anything.

“My name is Matthew, but you can call me Matt.”

“Matt.” I made a mental note of his name.

“I have a few questions.”

“Me too.” I murmured, “Ask away.” I said.

“Okay, thank you. First of all, may I ask about your wings?”

I sighed. “I don't why there like that.” I said.

“No, I already know why their that colored.” he said dismissively.

“What? Why are they like this?” I ask, hoping to finally get answers, instead of questions.

“John will answer your questions.” so no, no answers. Grand. I start to open my mouth to object, but Matt is already asking his questions, “Why did you crash?”

I furrowed my brow. “What?”

“How did you crash? I was watching you, you were doing great, then you crashed.”

“The wind changed.” I said. “It blew me off balance.”

“That's not what happened.” he said, as though I should know that. I should, but I grew up human. Not demon.

“What did happen then!” I shout, angry at him for no reason. It must be the headache. Or the fact that I'm a demon.

“I don't know.” he says calming. Infuriating me more.

“Then don't say that that is not what happened!” I need to stop yelling at the angel.

“Are you sure that's what that's what it was? The wind?”

“Yes!” I growl.

“Okay.” he says, walking swiftly.

“Where are we going.” trying to push down my anger.

“A Hotel.”

“What?”


“Hotel Serenity.” he said nodding to the immaculate building. “It's a harbor for the any angels staying on earth for any reason, Guardian angels, things like that.”

“is it really safe bringing a demon in there?” I ask.
“Are you going to cause trouble?”

“No?”

“Exactly. So there won't a problem.” I open my mouth to tell him that that's not a smart thing, to take people, specifically demons, for their word. But he's a angel, whats the worst that could happen?

“So, what are some other questions?”

“How long have you known?” he asked.

“Known what?”

“That you were a demon with angel blood.”

“What?” I step back. Angel blood?

“So about 2 seconds, i'd take it.” he bit his lip.

“What do you mean, 'Angel Blood'?” I ask, shaking.

“Your father. He is a angel.”

“My father?” I ask, picturing the man I grew up looking up to. My father wasn't especially good looking or glowing, like the angel before me. He was nice, but he wasn't angel nice. My father, I was sure, was a normal human.

“No, No.” I said. “My father wasn't an angel. And my mother is sure as heck not a demon!” it had never occurred to me that my parents would have to be demons, if I was a demon. A small spark of hope flickers inside me, that I'm not a demon, that I'm just a normal person, that is hallucinating or something.

“No, those were your adopted parents.” he says softly.

“Adopted? I was adopted?” That couldn't be. Could it?

“Well, not legally, they didn't know you were adopted.” he said it like it was a comfort but, it made things so much worse for me. They didn't even know I was a demon/angel thing. They didn't know what I was.

“They didn't know?”

“As far as I know, they did not know.”

I take a deep breath, and add another lie into my mind.

“Who were my parents?”

“A Demon, that I don't know the name of. And an angel, a man I know very well. His name is Andrew.”

“Andrew.” this was the man that was my father, that I had never met.

I was a demon, yes, obviously. But, I was also an angel. Apparently.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen of Assassins (Part 1)

The Queen of Assassin's (Part 2)

Demons in Disguise 2: The Unexpected Perks of Being a Demon