Demons in Disguise 4: A Mother Demon

“So....” I started, unsure of how to ask this. I decided that I would just be blunt. “When do I get to meet my father?” I asked Matt.

“Oh,” he started, in his smooth way of his, “He's.... away on business.” he finished.

“Away? Away where?” I asked.

“Just, away.”

I swear if I never get answers...

I sighed. My headache still a worm in my head, it hadn't went away sense I met the angel, as if something in my head is trying to get away from this angel. It was probably the demon in me. Either that or the glow Matt had. White. It was such a bright color, like it has to always shine.

“Are you going to be okay if you go home now?” Matt asked. We had talked for a little bit after he told me that I was part, no, half angel. Then the sun came high, then low again, and I got tired. Matt, ever the angel, brought me home.

“Yes,” I said leaning on my door post. “I will. I know how to use some of my powers now.” I said.

He dipped his head down and then turned and flew off the ground. Because he couldn't be seen. That's what he told me when we had talked for hours, that angels can't be seen unless they want to be. Invisibility. Immortality. Flight. Convincing. Glory. Glory was something I had never seen, it was something I could barely imagine, even. He said it wasn't something that he could describe, that it was something I would be able to do one day. That's all he said about this mysterious power.

I stood in my door way for a few minutes, then I sighed and went inside.

I did not lock my door. Nor my windows. And I did not count the hours until I could sleep. I laid my head down and I slept, unafraid.

“Caitlin.” Called a soft creepy sounding woman voice. I did not recognize it, but it sounded familiar.

“Who is it?” I called. I was in a ruined room. A hole in the ceiling was nothing compared to the pit in the floor. The walls have wall paper hanging off them. “Where am I?” I ask the voice who called to me.

“Home.” called the voice. It's sing song voice bouncing off the walls.

Home, yes, that sounded right. I thought. My thoughts were calm, even as I started to smell smoke in the air.

“Who is it?” I ask again.

“it's your mother.”said the voice, seemingly far and close at the same.

“Mom?” I ask, picturing my mother who used to sing me to sleep and read me stories.

“Yes, your real mother.” said the voice.

I was confused for a second, then I remembered what Matt said yesterday. My mother, the demon.

“Who are you?” I ask stepping back, as if to run.

“I told you, your mother.” I take another step back.

“Are you a demon?”

“Yes.” it said, she sounded sad. Like she regretted being a demon. Like I do. A mother demon.

“Why?” I asked. Was she born into it, like I was? Or did she choose to be a demon?

“Because, I am greedy and sinful.” said her voice, still sad, and distant like she was remembering a memory.

I was about to ask why again, then she said: “Quickly, we do not have much time, but, you need to find your father.” she said.
“My... Father?” I asked confused.

“Yes, your father Andrew. He will explain what needs to be done.” she said.

“Done for what?”

“To save the world.”

“To save the world from wha...” I started to ask but the room was already fading away and I found my self waking up in my bedroom.


The next day, I locked my doors and my windows. I counted the ticks on my clock. I waited. And I tried to figure out what my mother meant in my dream. How was I to find my father? Matt said he was “away.”, so how was I to find him? Did my mother know he was “away”? Did she know where he was? I fell asleep with these questions.


When I woke I made a slow breakfast. And I walked around in my Pjs. I lied on the couch. I waited. For what? I did not know. If it was a demon or an angel I was waiting for, I also did not know.

Then I heard the knock I did not know I was waiting for.

I went to the door and opened it. The bald man stood there.

“Oh, your still here.” I said. Not really surprised.

The man seemed surprised that I was not scared or surprised. “Yes, it seems I am. May I come in?”

“No.” I said bluntly. My mind was still working on the puzzle my mother gave me.

“But it's about your mother.” he said.

I couldn't tell if I cared or not. I sighed. I wouldn't give into this man. “I don't care.” then I closed the door in his face.


The demon didn't come back. So on my third day of self isolation, I left my house. I went out and I wasn't sure where I needed to go, but I spread out my wings and I flew.

Within minutes I found my self at Serenity. The hotels lights seemingly brighter then normal lights.

I wasn't sure if they'd just let a demon in there and if they'd tell me where my father was, but I walked into the hotel Serenity.

“Excuse me?” I asked the man at the front desk.

“Yes?” he said, he had glow too, an angel. “How may I help you?”

“Yes, I'm looking for a certain angel.”

“Okay, what is the name?” apparently they do just tell you.

“Andrew.”

“Okay, just a second.” he said, typing something into a computer. “He appears to be staying on the third floor in room 237.” My father was.... here?

“Okay, thank you!” I hurried to the elevator. I walked inside and hit the third floor button.


It seemed like forever, but I got to the third floor and I found room 237. I took a deep breathe and knocked.


The door opened and I recognized the face immediately.


“Professor?”  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen of Assassins (Part 1)

The Queen of Assassin's (Part 2)

Demons in Disguise 2: The Unexpected Perks of Being a Demon