Demons in Disguise

So, this one is a little different then the others, it's a lot of stories put together. so you'll see other stories with this title, those are continuations of this story. 



I sighed, “No, I'm not going to make you do that again!” I said as she nudged me.

“Good, because that was horrible” she said, shuddering at the memory.

“But it was so funny!” I said not denying it was horrible for her.

She shook her head, laughing. “Okay, okay, it was sorta funny...”

“It was really funny.” I said firmly. finally she nodded her head. Giving up randomly like a lot of people did when I said it like that. I shook my head. I don't know why they do that. Everyone I know does that, my mother, my sisters and brothers, my friends, strangers even. It was... strange.

“Caitlin!” Called my mother from across the room, “Time to go!” she shouted, I nodded, choking down my anger that comes every time someone tells me to do something.

“Goodbye, Via!” I said trying to keep the anger from my voice. I don't know what was wrong with me, I wanted, I was ready, to go, but I didn't want to, not for any particular reason.

I walked out the door next to my mother and drove away. It took almost an hour for my anger to dissipate.


“Ready?” I said.

“Not really.” My brother responded, his voice shaking.

“Ahg, come on, it's just a simple prank!”

“But this one is dangerous!” That's the best part! I wanted to shout. I don't know why, it was dangerous, it could hurt someone, but for some reason that made it ten times better for me.

“Meh!” I shrugged, “It won't hurt.” I promised, I don't know why I did, but lying was so easy. My tongue always twisted into lies, sometimes it did so without my knowledge.

“But, Cait, I'm scared!” he sounded ready to bolt, and that made me mad that he was a coward, it made me want to yell. I choked down the urge and lied again, easily.

“Don't be scared, we will be fine.”

“Okay, okay.” he breathed. buying into my lie. “if you say so.” he said.


Then I pulled the prank that got my brother grounded for the rest of his life and had me praised for mine. All because I lied. And lied. And lied.


I smiled. “yes sir, I wrote the paper that you graded.” I said enthusiastically. Lie 6 today. My mental tracker ticked. It was better then some days.

He smiled back, believing me, like everyone else I have lied to. “Okay, thank you.” he waved me away, the anger that came every time some one told me what to do came, but I choked it down as I always try to do and I walked out.


Beep, beep, beep. I fling my self out of my bed, groggily I turn off my alarm. Getting ready for work, I take a bite of my bagel and I throw on my coat for the winter New York weather. I pulled my blond hair into a bun and stared at myself in the mirror. Blue eyes stare back at me. My almost pretty complexion taunting me. With a few strokes of make up, my almost pretty look gone and replaced with a perfect picture. Shaking my head I rushed out the door and drove to work, passing honking cars and speeding cars. I finally got to work, the giant picture of me on the front made me smile, I was proud. Then I started another day of work on my 23rd birthday.


I drove home with my birthday playlist blaring as I sped past traffic. Bobbing my head, I watched the road. I didn't lie to much today. It was better than some days.


Then the man appeared.

He was bald and right in the middle of the road. Right in front of me. I tried to brake but he was too close and I was going too fast. I slammed right into him.

My car flipped over and wrecked it's self by rolling and flying. My seat belt ripped as my car came down for the third time. I was flung out of the car and I landed a few feet from the man. My car tumbled away and off a cliff. Then I cursed, colorfully. When I got all my anger out I turned to the man who had started laughing. He wasn't even bleeding. How? I ran right into him, didn't I? I checked myself for injuries, I didn't feel hurt, but I have heard stories of people who were in shook or had to much adrenaline to know that they were dying. But I didn't appear to even have a scratch. Again, how? I was in car crash. I should have at least some scratches. Shouldn't I? I focused on the man who was still laughing.

“Who are you? Why were you in the middle of the road?” I shouted at him.

“Oh, you'll learn so enough little demon.” Did he just call me a demon after he just got me into a car crash?

“Demon?” I growled.

“Don't sound so offended. It's what you and I are.”
“What?!” this man was mad.

“Demons, Caitlin. We are demons.”


He took me to a place I did not recognize. I was too shocked to protest. Was I a demon? It would make sense, I was always lying. I am a terrible person. I could be a demon.

I grew up catholic and I know what a demon was. Images of red men with horns and tails flash through my mind.

He took me into a warehouse. It was dark and creepy, it might even reflect me.

“Sit.” he gestured to a chair, the usually anger that came when some one told me what to do, didn't come, I barely even noticed.

I sat. shaking my head. A demon.

The man was quiet a bit taller than me, now sitting down, he was a giant. He had a rather large black trench coat on.

“Where are we?” I asked suddenly afraid of this place and this man.

“We're still in New York just in a warehouse.”

“Why aren't I hurt? I was in a car crash!”

“You are a demon.”

“But I've been hurt before!”

“only superficially, when you saw me, I gave you more power.” he said nonchalantly.

“I'm not a demon.” I said firmly, but a lie ticker in my head went up voluntarily.

“You and I are demons.” he said simply like I was a little girl.

“You're lying!”

“i am not. And you know that.”

I struggled for words to tell him that he was wrong, but I couldn't, because he was right. I was a demon, I could feel it in my veins. I could feel it in phantom horns and tail. I could feel it in my black heart. And I rejected it. I would not be a demon. I was good. I begged my dark heart to brighten I begged my self to change.

“Yes,” I choked. “I am a demon.” I said.

“Yes, you are. And you have a mission.”

“A mission?”

“Yes, and now it's time to complete it.” he said.

“What is it?”

“To change the world.”

I growled, “How?” I said impatient.

“You're in a high place, use you're power to shape the world, the demon way.”

“What am I?” I ask.

“A demon in disguise.”

“No. I will not do you're mission. I might be a demon, but I will not be evil.”

He growled, “You will! You are a demon! You must act like one!”

“No! I will not.” then I walked out of the warehouse and didn't look back. I knew he might come after me but I didn't care. I may be a demon, but I won't be evil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen of Assassins (Part 1)

The Queen of Assassin's (Part 2)

Demons in Disguise 2: The Unexpected Perks of Being a Demon