Demons in Disguise 5: My Mother is an Angel, my Father is a Demon

“Caitlin?” he asked.

“Professor?” I repeated.

“Caitlin?” he said, again.

“Professor?” I sounded like a broken record.

“Caitlin?” I guess it was going around.

“I... what... Professor?” I stuttered.

“What... Caitlin?” he seemed to be as confused as I was.

A million questions ran through my head, why was my Professor here? Was he an angel? Most importantly, is he my father?

“What... are you an angel?” I asked. Though, he couldn't have been anything else if he was here.

“Yes.” he said.

“Are...” I started, but how was I supposed to ask if he was my father? “You my father?” I said.

“Yes.” he said. And with that single word, my whole flipped. Like a barrel down the Grand Canyon.

“Were you stalking me? What were you doing at my school? Why are you my professor? Were you trying to figure out if I was good or bad? Were...” the thought of any of those made me angry. Especially the thought that he was trying to figure out if I was good or bad.

“No.” said my father, quietly, but firmly. “I wasn't doing any of that. I wanted to see you.”

“See me?” I realized I was shouting. “What in the world makes you think you have a right to that?” I said, though I don't know why, it made sense. He wanted to see his kid, I don't know why it made me angry.

“Let me explain...” he said.

“No. you don't need to explain.” I said. And it was true, I understood. I took a step back. “I'm going home, don't follow me or something.” I said retreating out of the hallway.

“Caitlin...” he called out, but I was already gone.

I ran down the stairs, and out the the front door. I slowed to a walk when I got to the front lawn.

I walked home, I didn't fly, I needed to think. I needed a break from being an angel demon thing.

As I walked my head skipped back and forth, it zoomed from thoughts from my childhood, wanting to fly, wanting to do the kind of thing I can do now, to thoughts of the future, were I am a demon in hell, or an angel in heaven, they both feel like cages in my mind.


That's how I found my self on my couch, with all the doors and windows lock, for the third time that week. Waiting. For what, as always, I did not know.

I was humming to my self, quietly, so I could hear everything around me, wishing I had increased hearing along with my speed.

Tick, Tick, Tick,

Okay, maybe not, there are some sounds I wish I could drown out.

Ring, ring, ring

I nearly jumped five feet in the air at the sudden loud sound. My door bell. Was this what I felt like I was waiting for? It didn't feel right. It actually felt wrong.


I went to the door and opened it without checking who it was out there.


I blinked my eyes, it was really dark, what ever it was. Did I loose track of time? Was it night? No, I saw the windows before I opened the door, it was day out still. Was this a trick? It didn't feel like one.

“Hello?” I called out to the darkness. My voice echoed like I was in a large empty room.

I found my back against a wall.

No, not a wall, I realized, I was on the floor. Lying down.

How'd I get on the floor?

I put my hands down on the ground and pushed off the ground.

“Hello?” I called again, but only my echo answered me. “Hello? Where am I?” I asked the nothingness.

Nothingness answered me.

I sighed. Long and dramatic.

Why did I have a knack for getting my self in trouble?

I sighed again.

I got up and started inspecting the room.

There was no doors nor windows, it's walls so black they seemed to absorb any and all light. The walls had no cracks, that I could see, which wasn't much. I couldn't see my hand extended away from my eyes.

I sat back down on the floor, the darkness was giving me a headache. It must be the angel in me.

I closed my eyes.


“Owwww....” I heard someone moan. I lunched my self from the floor, realizing that I had fallen asleep. “That hurts.” complained a male voice, I searched for the source.

“Hello?” I said to the darkness. I couldn't see him, who ever he was, but that wasn't surprising, considering that I couldn't see anything.

“What... who was that?” asked the male.

“Who are you?” I asked, ignoring his question.

He laughed. Then it turned slightly wheezy. He coughed at the end. “I'm Brandon. You?”

“Caitlin.” I said. “Who.. what are you?” I asked. Unsure, if he was human or angel or demon.

“Angel.” he said, understanding my question. “Well, kind of.”

“What? What do you mean?”

“My mother is an angel, my father is a demon.” he said.

I gasped. Another one like me? I didn't know that there was more.

I heard the male shift at my gasp. “yeah, I know, but don't worry, I think I'm the only one.” he said trying to reassure me.

“No.” I almost whispered. But in the dark quiet place, it was plenty audible. “You're not.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Queen of Assassins (Part 1)

The Queen of Assassin's (Part 2)

Demons in Disguise 2: The Unexpected Perks of Being a Demon